On this Global Handwashing Day, We proudly declare that, washrooms at Bodhivruksha School are provided with liquid soap. At Bodhivruksha School it is a regular practice for our little children to wash their hands with soap before snacks/food, and after toilet. We believe that our children’s well being is more important than expenses.
SOME INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT HANDWASH
- IT IS VERY COMMON PRACTICE FOR PEOPLE TO WASH THEIR HANDS, ONLY WITH WATER BEFORE FOOD AND AFTER USING TOILET.
- IN MANY COUNTRIES INCLUDING INDIA, MOST OF THE SCHOOLS DO NOT PROVIDE SOAP AT SCHOOL WASHROOMS.
- DIARRHOEA IS THE SECOND MOST COMMON CAUSE OF DEATH IN CHILDREN UNDER FIVE YEARS, HANDWASHING WITH SOAP REDUCE THE INCIDENCE OF DIARRHOEA BY NEARLY 50%.
- HANDWASHING WITH SOAP REDUCES THE INCIDENCE OF RESPIRATORY, INTESTINAL WORM, SKIN AND EYE INFECTIONS.
- AFTER USING TOILET, THOUSANDS OF MICRO ORGANISMS INCLUDING BACTERIA AND VIRUS WILL BE THERE OVER THE HAND.
- ALL SOAPS ARE EQUALLY EFFECTIVE IN CLEARING GERMS FROM THE HANDS, IF WE WASH PROPERLY.
- IN MANY COUNTRIES INCLUDING INDIA MOST OF THE FOOD HANDLERS AT HOTELS (STAR HOTELS ALSO) DO NOT WASH THEIR HANDS WITH SOAP AFTER USING TOILET.
DEAR PARENTS, DO REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE ROLE MODELS TO YOUR CHILDREN, THEY WILL WATCH YOU AND FOLLOW YOU. SO YOU PRACTICE GOOD HABITS THEY FOLLOW.